AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need 30ft or 33ft long HDMI v1.3 cable to connect my ONKYO 905 Receiver to EPSON TW-EMP2000 1080P HDMIv1.3 Projector.


What is the BEST cable/brand I can buy and where?


BEST meaning: Best Quality and Best Price.


THANKS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,755 Posts
Read the threads in this forum on "Best Buy/Magnolia and Monster Cable" and "HDMI cable brand".


Then I recommend you look at Monoprice, Blue Jeans Cable, and Tartan Cable, all forum sponsors with good products and reasonable prices.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Along with the cables listed in the previous post, take a look at the cables offered by rix labs. I found them on ebay buy the also sell on their site. I'm ordering one of their 24' Pro cables along with some HDMI wall plates. If I wasn't trying to save a few dollars, I would have gone with the Blue Jeans Series 1 HDMI cable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buylow /forum/post/14288628


Along with the cables listed in the previous post, take a look at the cables offered by rix labs. I found them on ebay buy the also sell on their site. I'm ordering one of their 24' Pro cables along with some HDMI wall plates. If I wasn't trying to save a few dollars, I would have gone with the Blue Jeans Series 1 HDMI cable.

yea~ i got the same Rix Pro HDMI cable, too.

they are really nice.


but what about the wall plate? are they good, too?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
i know if you just google some sites, you can find hdmi cables for 20 bucks that go much father then the length you want. quality isnt really a noticeable factor even with your 1000 dollar monster cables.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovecoffee /forum/post/14360495


yea~ i got the same Rix Pro HDMI cable, too.

they are really nice.


but what about the wall plate? are they good, too?

I have tested several TVs, using wall plates, and they can add signal integrity problems (read errors) to the HDMI link.


Setup was

Source > 3ft HDMI > Wall Plate > CableX > Wall Plate > 3ft HDMI > TV.


Well below 10m for 'cableX' we got significant signal acquisition times, and pixel errors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopr /forum/post/14361646


I have tested several TVs, using wall plates, and they can add signal integrity problems (read errors) to the HDMI link.


Setup was

Source > 3ft HDMI > Wall Plate > CableX > Wall Plate > 3ft HDMI > TV.


Well below 10m for 'cableX' we got significant signal acquisition times, and pixel errors.

you were making 6 connections in between cables and devices, i think that's where the signals' went wrong, too. also, if it's a 3ft + 10m + 3ft (near 40ft in total), was already close to the length of a HDMI cable can transmit without extender or booster (also, you have all the extra connections), too.



still~

nice found out, man~
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top