AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the Philips 30PW9100D/37 tv can be forced to a particular aspect ratio in certain situations. I'm trying to program my harmony remote to set the aspect ratio and because it's only a toggle on the tv, the remote can't do it with anything that resembles accuracy.

This would be an ideal situation: if you do X to the tv it will automatically go to 4:3. Then the remote could take over from there. It's an odd question and I'm sure I didn't ask properly, so please ask particulars for clarification and thanks for your help!

I've been searching for 4 days and haven't been able to find a way to do it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hmmm I'm not exactrly sure what you're talking about.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay... a slight bit of clarification...

Is there any remote command or (powering on or off or clicking a certain combination of keys or turning a menu option on) that will force the tv to go to a particular aspect ratio - any one, so long as it's the same one every time.

If I can get the tv to go to a specific aspect ratio, then I can toggle a specific number of times on the harmony remote to get it where I want it.

I just need a consistent way to get to the same aspect ratio without having to toggle through the options...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah there's a format botton there; you can switch ratios from 16:9, 4:3, letter box, and etc. I don't know is that any helpful?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts