Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have had a SA3100HD connected to my TV for a few months, but now I am going to connect a TIVO and receiver to it, and I don't exactly understand what is what back there.

The component outputs are for the HD - I get that. I assume the audio Digital Out matches with that component output? Then the S-Video or RCA video is for the SD channels, along with the analog outputs?

I guess I'm curious how I will get both the HD and SD audio to my receiver so I can use the receivers processing. I thought I need digital audio for this.

Thanks!

Aaron

·
Premium Member
1,885 Posts
Aaron:

I just had the 3100HD installed from Comcast in NJ Friday. I assume you also have Comcast.

"The component outputs are for the HD - I get that. I assume the audio Digital Out matches with that component output Then the S-Video or RCA video is for the SD channels, along with the analog outputs? "

- Essentially correct. The digital coax out will connect to your receiver's digital coax input for stations with digital audio. Since the 3100HD converts all video to 1080i from the component outs, the S-Video - as you state - can be used for SD material output to another S-video TV input (to enable your TV to use stretch modes), or to your Tivo.

"I guess I'm curious how I will get both the HD and SD audio to my receiver so I can use the receivers processing. I thought I need digital audio for this."

- You can get a splitter for the analog audio out (since there is only 1 set) and run 1 (or 2) to your TV and the another set to your receiver. You then will have the Digital coax audio run to your receiver, and the analog audio run to your receiver.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.