AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing research for awhile, but I need help. I need an everything-TV that I will be using the heck out of in a limited space. Here's what I need/want:

1. 32"

2. 1080p

3. 120Hz

4. very low input lag

5. glossy

6. clear text for PC input

7. Good picture (obviously)

I don't care at all about speakers (I have a receiver already set up), aesthetic design, or mounting options. I'll be using this television for OTA broadcast, PC input/gaming, Xbox 360 gaming, DVD/Blu-Ray...pretty much anything you can use a television for. I'll be between four and eight or so feet from the television at all times. As far as budget--I don't have any hard line there. I'll save up if I need to. Suggestions sorely needed.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well If you have to have 120hz then the only 32" LCD that's out there is the LG 32LG60, and as far as the rest of the specs that you want go well I don't know of any 32' LCD that has all of them.

Good Luck

·
Registered
710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRMan /forum/post/15439542

Well If you have to have 120hz then the only 32" LCD that's out there is the LG 32LG60, and as far as the rest of the specs that you want go well I don't know of any 32' LCD that has all of them.

Good Luck

Actually, the 32LG60 doesn't have 120Hz, there are a few sites that incorrectly list it in the specs. The LG site does not list it on any of their 32" LCDs. I even contacted them a few weeks ago and was told that the smallest LCD with 120HZ was 37".

Out of all the 32" models I looked at in the stores, I liked the image on the Samsung 32A650 best.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyltre /forum/post/15439424

I've been doing research for awhile, but I need help. I need an everything-TV that I will be using the heck out of in a limited space. Here's what I need/want:

2. 1080p

3. 120Hz

Those features are a waste of money for any panel under 50 inches.

Marketing departments love guys like you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm145 /forum/post/15439825

I don't really see how you can qualify that statement. PC monitors have much higher resolutions than televisions for a given size, so you can't argue the difference wouldn't be visible. I don't think too many people would argue that 120Hz processing doesn't do anything.

Not too sure what you're trying to say, really.

·
Registered
184 Posts

Quote:

If you are going to be hooking a PC up to the set and using it as a PC monitor, then 1080P is definitely NOT a waste of money -- it would be a requirement, in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim /forum/post/15440100

I TOTALLY DISAGREE with your first statement.

Do some research and you may change your tune.

The human eye can not discern the difference between 1080p and 720p on smaller HDTV's from normal viewing distances. It's a fact that has been tested over and over.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Strange I've seen that 32LG60 previously on LG's website and under the specs 120hz was listed, but after looking today it seems to have disappeared.... Very Strange.

edit - I just looked on the Canadian LG site and if you look under the specs you will see truM 120hz

In any case 120hz is a "REFRESH RATE" only and not any type of motion enhancer. This feature basically makes an LCD look clearer, sharper and crisper while displaying details and unlike the motion aspect it can not be turned off, nor would you want to turn it off.

If you want the best of the best then the 3 I'd choose from would be

1 - Samsung 32A650

2 - Sony 32XBR6

3 - Panasonic 32LZ800

·
Registered
331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRMan /forum/post/15440376

Strange I've seen that 32LG60 previously on LG's website and under the specs 120hz was listed, but after looking today it seems to have disappeared.... Very Strange.

edit - I just looked on the Canadian LG site and if you look under the specs you will see truM 120hz

In any case 120hz is a "REFRESH RATE" only and not any type of motion enhancer. This feature basically makes an LCD look clearer, sharper and crisper while displaying details and unlike the motion aspect it can not be turned off, nor would you want to turn it off.

If you want the best of the best then the 3 I'd choose from would be

1 - Samsung 32A650

2 - Sony 32XBR6

3 - Panasonic 32LZ800

Non of those 3 offer 120hz.

The funny thing though is the LN32A650 is Samsung's Series 6 model which has the Touch of Color design, But only the 40" to 52" sizes feature 120hz while the 19", 22", and 32" sizes has the ToC design but not 120hz.

·
Registered
122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TygerClaw /forum/post/15440992

Non of those 3 offer 120hz.

Well it looks like there aren't any 32" LCD's that offer 120hz unless the LG US website is incorrect and the Canadian one has it right.

Since it looks like he has space constraints then I listed what I feel to believe are the best 32" LCD's out there at this time, and I would doubt he is going to find an XBR4 at this point in time.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts

Quote:

ANY panel? Like one used with a computer? Or with someone sitting closer? I know what you mean, but I don't think such unqualified statements are generally helpful...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LG has a new model just hitting retail, the 32LH40, that is exactly what I was looking for. 120hz, 32", 1080p. I'll be picking one up by next week (as soon as it get to the store I work at.) I'll report back.

·
Banned
401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm145 /forum/post/15440334

Do some research and you may change your tune.

The human eye can not discern the difference between 1080p and 720p on smaller HDTV's from normal viewing distances. It's a fact that has been tested over and over.

Right, the pixels are just to small for us to notice any difference.

·
Registered
122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyltre /forum/post/16076617

LG has a new model just hitting retail, the 32LH40, that is exactly what I was looking for. 120hz, 32", 1080p. I'll be picking one up by next week (as soon as it get to the store I work at.) I'll report back.

If you have waited this long then Sony will soon have there new 32XBR9 which will be much nicer than that LG your looking at.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.