AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by volley /forum/post/0

Confused by the front page of Microcenter.com. I thought all Vista versions were 64-bit. No? Are there multiple versions now?

You are wrong.

Just like XP, there are 32bit and 64bit versions of the OS.

Do yourself a favor and use the 32bit version, the 64bit version will be a headache.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I believe that the retails versions of Windows Vista include both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions. I guess it doesn't work that way OEM, which would make perfect sense as OEM systems will ship as one or the other.

Chris

·
Registered
25 Posts
Home Basic

Home Advanced

Business

Enterprise

Ultimate

All in 64 and 32 bit versions, the only versions with the Media Center interface are Home Adv and Ultimate.

Tablet edition is a component of bus/ent/ult for you carputer folks.

*Edit

These are shipped individually for OEM copies. It is my understanding the retail boxes will include both 32 and 64bit discs, with 1 license.

The problem is primarily with the equipment manufacturers re: drivers. Why would HP and Canon want to release (read: invest money developing) 64-bit drivers for 2-5 yearold printers. Its easier and more profitable to let the early adopters buy a new model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.