AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am from India.I plan to purchase a LCD TV . Keeping in mind my romm size and all , I have zeroed in on 32 inch .I want to connect it to my Laptop , desktop . I will be playing 720p / 1080p Blu ray rips or such high quality media. Occationally I will be using for some data processing also ( maybe some PDF reading or MS Word typing.

Now my question is Which product I will buy an HD ready 720p or Full HD 1080p.Actually my point is at 32 inch it quite do not matter ( as experienced by most ) whether res is 720p or 1080p. 720p will just be fine for 32 inch LCD . But when using it as PC monitor. what are pros and cons .Anybody who is actually using an 32 inch LCD as monitor can share their experiences and suggestions. Any suggestions about brand is also welcome though.

I was zeroing in on

Samsung 32 inch 1080p : Rs 40000/-

Sony 32 inch 720p : Rs 37000/-

Sony 32 inch 1080p : Rs 43000/-

Which One??

Thanks

Shan

Yahoo answers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Most of what I've read states that there is not much difference between the two resolutions on sets 32 inches or smaller. Whether that will make a difference on a pc I guess depends on your graphics card in your pc/laptop. You might want to check with your manufacturer of the laptop if its a proprietary system or with nvidia or ati to see what your card can handle. Pushing your gpu past its limits is an easy way to burn out the chip and I assume this would be true in your case.

I may be wrong, as I really havent spent the time to hook my pc up to my lcd yet and if someone knows more on this subject please enlighten us both.

I would expect that the issue common to tv's having to change the signal from 480i to 1080p, coming from cable top set boxes would also apply to the signal coming from the pc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.