AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sony Bravia s32a10

Sharp Aquos 32da5u


Mainly for gaming, I'm finally down to two tvs. The Sony has 8ms response while the Sharp has 12 ms. Is the general opinion more favorable toward the Sony for gaming with the PS2, XBOX, 360, and up coming PS3!? What about with standard television and DVDs?


Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it will only be used for console gaming and watching some standard television and dvd movies. All prices aside, which is generally considered the better tv. I had plans to buy the Sharp for a few weeks now, but the Sony has 8ms response to the Sharps 12 ms.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Can you get to a store where you could connect a game console to both and try 'em out?


Having spent the last month or so lurking on this forum to educate myself enough to make a sensible purchasing decision, I've seen many threads (my own included) where folks come down to the choice between a Sharp and a Sony. They're both good, but have slightly different feature sets (VGA input on the Sony, for example) that may sway a buyer one way or the other. But it'll be tough to find an absolute answer to your question, believe me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by festering
Well, it will only be used for console gaming and watching some standard television and dvd movies. All prices aside, which is generally considered the better tv. I had plans to buy the Sharp for a few weeks now, but the Sony has 8ms response to the Sharps 12 ms.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
I bought the Sharp 32" a week ago at Circuit City. I like the PQ alot but cant justify paying that much for a 32". I think i'm going to return it and get a 37 Vizio at Costco for the same price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by revspeed
I bought the Sharp 32" a week ago at Circuit City. I like the PQ alot but cant justify paying that much for a 32". I think i'm going to return it and get a 37 Vizio at Costco for the same price.
Quantity over quality? Do you believe the "vizio" is going to look half as good as the sharp in PQ? Is five inches worth it? i think not. Just an opinion.


Hammr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammr
Quantity over quality? Do you believe the "vizio" is going to look half as good as the sharp in PQ? Is five inches worth it? i think not. Just an opinion.


Hammr
I have read the reviews on the Vizio L37 from members here and from what i hear its not all that bad(given the Sharp Pq at a 10, the Vizio at 7, I'll be happy). With Costco return policy I will give it a try. Beside, I over paid at Circuit City. Onecall is a few hundred cheaper, worst come to worst i'll pick up a 37" sharp from onecall.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had the opporunity to view the Sharp and Sony side by side, and it was no comparison. The Sony blew it away, it blew everything away. It's hard to say what they were connected with.


I didn't have the chance to connect the 360 to one, and gaming is the primary reason

for me buying a new television. I'm worried about ghosting with the Sharp at 12 ms.


Thanks
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top