AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a 32" TV to use as a monitor for gaming. I've found few reviews for 32" TVs but so far the only one worth considering for me is the Samsung UE32F5000. I'm looking for some alternates, maybe with lower input lag and similar image quality, at around the same price.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have the UE32F5000 and so far no complaints with gaming on a xbox 360.

Great picture quality, mostly unoticeable lag while gaming. (Any kind of game)

You say you want to use it as a monitor so you'll connect it to a PC I presume?

This TV model has a specific PC Mode to optimally adjust the screen to a PC source but I don't know how it will be regarding lag in that configuration. It is possible to use a PC without PC mode on though...

If you are going to connect a PC with a DVI port there will most likelly be a lag increase due to analog to digital conversion and you'll have to send audio signals through RCA connections.

Your PC better have HDMI output to keep lag at a minimum.

At this price I'm not sure you'll find a TV with lower input lag and most likelly there won't be better image quality than this Samsung, unless you're willing to look for smaller screen size models...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, i'll be using it connected to a PC. Currently i have a radeon hd 5750 which has 2 hdmi ports and i'll upgrade it to an Nvidia 770 in a month or so. I only wanted to know if there is some alternative to the Samsung, so far i've found none, but real reviews(those that do a bit more than present each feature) for 32" TVs are very rare. Anyway, thank you for you post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts