AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a 30"-32" flat panel LCD for a room with lots of ambient light. I don't see much discussion of these models in this forum. Does anyone have any experience/opinions on what is the best model in this size. I need HD and it can't be bigger than 32" and those are about the only requirements I have.

·
Registered
407 Posts
There aren't a world of 32" LCD options. Presently you can purchase from Samsung, Toshiba, Panasonic, a company called Norcent, and now or very soon, from Sony. Several other brands (Motorola, Panasonic and Philips) are expected to have new 32" models out in the 2nd quarter of this year. They are all "HD" type, mostly 1280 x 768, with the Motorola stated as being 1366 x 768 when it is available.

It seems like everyone has a 1280 x 768 30" model with the Mitsubishi and Sony leading in the 'which picture did you like best' popularity ranking. The computer companies (Gateway and Dell) and the lessor known names are the low price leaders, in a very crowded field.

I think you will find LOTS of discussion of the 30" units in this forum, as they were some of the first large widescreens LCDs out. If you need a digital PC input, the field narrows to a trickle, so if this was an issue, be careful. The best news is that are plenty out there than you can go see.

In general, all the LCDs do well in a high ambient light environment.

Good Luck !

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have friends raving about the Samsung LTN. They had to decide between the 26" & 32" & got the 32". Around $4000.00. I think the speakers are detachable. It is in a daylight situation. I haven't seen it yet. They live half a continent away.

I have a Sharp Aquos 30"' that will be 2 years old in April. No DVI. No major complaints. My friends said the PQ on the Samsung was way better than any others they saw including the Sharps.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.