AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm inquiring for a friend. His max budget is $450.... He's looking for a 32" LCD. I understand the tier-1 brands will likely be out of his price range. What other options does he have with this budget? Looking for a tier-2 brand model with decent reviews.

Any advise is greatly appreciated. We are located in NYC Metro Area so he would likely look for a model that 6th Ave or Electronics Expo carries.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomGreen321 /forum/post/17028120

Looking on that electronics expo website there is a Panasonic on fale for half off. It's within his budget and should be a great set. Panasonic - TC-32LX85

Thanks very much for that suggestion. I checked it out and it appears to be an excellent option given the budget restraints.

I'll passed on the advice to my friend.

·
Registered
342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchorama /forum/post/17041558

Samsung LN32B360 for 438.00 at Walmart. I just bought one and a friend saw it and bought it just Saturday. 2 year extended warranty for 29.00, $506.00 out the door. Mitch

I second this...just bought this for the bedroom. For what you pay it is a fantastic tv with considerable options for calibration. At 32" the 720p looks (to me) pretty close to 1080p on my 52". Black levels are very good too. Great price, really good TV

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze /forum/post/17041322

Thanks very much for that suggestion. I checked it out and it appears to be an excellent option given the budget restraints.

I'll passed on the advice to my friend.

Better hurry, I ordered it from them on Wednesday via amazon and got a note on Friday that 'due to popularity' it was not available .... they offered to ship the x1 instead.

EDIT -- got the x1 and tried it out -- I think it's fine for casual viewing and the ipod deck is convenient. Some people were complaining about speakers, but these are fine - even music from the ipod sounds pretty good. Color, is rich and pretty much on target, black levels, contrast, etc seem good and it has the IPS panel, so viewing at an angle is not a problem. The 26 inch version does not - so be careful. This was about the same price as the discontinued one you're considering. The viera link is great if you have other panasonic equipment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts