AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've narrowed it down to two 32 inch sets for gaming with my 360, xbox, and Ps2.

Sharp 32da5u

Sony s32a10

They both seem fairly equal. The Sony is compatiable with a PC, but the TV will likely be used primary for console gaming and dvd movies with some standard television. They both have good response times, with the Sony having the better at 8ms compared to Sharps 12ms. Will I see a difference in the response times, or are both models good gaming tvs? The Sharp has an extra component input, but I'm mainly concerned with the picture quality and response time.

Thanks

P.S. Both are fairly equal in price, so money isn't a deciding factor between the two, I just want the best tv out of the two I posted. I'm also a little concerned how they'll look with my xbox and PS2. It'll be also used for the PS3 in the near future.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I tried the 32" Samsung and am presently testing a 32" Philips ( http://www.consumer.philips.com/cons...CSHQVHKFSESI5P ) . The Samsung went back after about 20 minute of gaming, the DNIE processing crap made the 360 look horrible imo. The Philips is likely going back as well but I'm giving it another week or so before making a decision.

You might want to check in the LCD and Plasma forum and see what others are recommending for 32" LCD's. The Sony XBR's seem to be very highly regarded but may be out of your price range, the Sony "S" series that you're mentioning below doesn't get many accolades, the Sharp TV's in general seem to be fairly well regarded. But as I suggested, check the other forum for a bit and search for the model numbers you're looking at before making the purchase. Also make certain your retailer has a reasonable return policy so if the first one doesn't meet your expectations, you can exchange for a different model.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I own the sharp aquos you are posting about, I can tell you if you decide to go with this set you wont have any regrets, but of course you may want to go to the store and see them side by side and then make your decision.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.