AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide on a bedroom TV and have settled on a 32", both for economics sake, and because I really don't need anything larger there.

Sound matters as much as picture and I'm looking at LG.

For a 32" I understand 1020p over 720p wouldn't gain me much/anything. Is there any reason to spend $70 more for the LG32LH30 w/ 1020p? There's greater dynamic contrast ratio, but those are just numbers that don't mean much to me. Can't see any other difference between those 2 sets.

Have a Samsung 61" dlp and first thought I'd get Samsung but have read not-good things about sound on the 32" sets.

·
Registered
924 Posts
It seems all the manufacturers are trying to hide the speakers. I own a lg26" and the sound is poor. See if you can find one with at least front firing speakers or like I did, add a set of powered computer speakers. Good luck

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
I have the 42LH20, great TV. Sound is decent for flat panel speakers, if you really care about sound pick up a set of amplified computer speakers. No need for 1080p unless you are sitting close to the screen. I too was looking at 32" sets and ended up getting the 42" on a Black Friday special through Newegg. Glad I went with the 42", makes a huge difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.