AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a NYC Apartment so my viewing distance is enormous....I will be sitting about 5 to 6 feet from the tv. I watch tv...movies and play 360 and Wii. I know i want to buy a Samsung LCD and most likely will stick with 720p...but I'm still deciding between 32" or 37".

Any advice?

Thanks much!!!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
from that distance either size would be fine, so I would let it boil down to your budget, if your budget allows it I would go 37 in, but if you go 32 you won't be lacking at all.

·
Registered
314 Posts
My opinion is to go for a 37 for 2 reasons. You will find it easier to read the text on menus, titles, etc. and I would bet a buck if you get the 37 you will be glad you didn't go 32. Keep in mind a 32 16x9 is the same vertical size as a 26 4x3. a 37 16x9 is the same as a 30 4x3.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
i also vote for you to get the 37"er.

bigger is better!

·
Registered
15 Posts
i am having the same debate for a lcd in my room, but i will probably go with a 37'' since i doubt i will regret a bigger tv and the price difference isnt that much with most brands going from 32'' to 37''

·
Registered
527 Posts
I'm kind of in a similar situation, and I'll be getting a 32" TV. Bigger isn't always better. Especially for games, it's difficult to play while having to "travel" your eyes all over the screen (with a larger set), instead of just being able to see everything more or less at once (with a smaller set).

·
Registered
79 Posts
5 to 6 feet away, get the 32 ".

I have a sharp 20' HD LCD in my bedroom. Viewing from about7 ft. away. I love it. I have often looked at it, and wondered if I should have gotten a bigger screen size. My answer is always no.

Bigger is always better, is a wasteful and illogical boast.

·
Registered
160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh7289 /forum/post/14162388

I'm kind of in a similar situation, and I'll be getting a 32" TV. Bigger isn't always better. Especially for games, it's difficult to play while having to "travel" your eyes all over the screen (with a larger set), instead of just being able to see everything more or less at once (with a smaller set).

If you use it as a monitor, 32" is better. If you want to use it as a TV or for gaming from 5-6', then 37" is fine. I sit around 6' from my 37". It felt big for the 1st 2 days ...... since I was going from a 20"

·
Registered
6 Posts
At that distance, the 32 is perfect. Bigger isn't always better, imperfections in picture quality will be more noticeable with the bigger set. I have a 32 in a small room like yours, I run pc games and playstation 3 off mine too.

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
ya but depends for what. If ur gaming on a ps3 from 5 feet away on 1080p via HDMI are u telling me that a 37 inch from 5 or 6 feet away will look less sharp or worse in any way from a 32 inch ? i doubt that,it might be true for SD viewing and a few other things but for hd i doubt that

·
Registered
2,594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD212 /forum/post/14157059

I live in a NYC Apartment so my viewing distance is enormous....I will be sitting about 5 to 6 feet from the tv.

At 5-6 feet, 32" is too small, even for 720p.

I have a 32" and I sit 2.5 feet away, which is perfect.

Get the 37", otherwise you will regret it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts