Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was just wondering, what are the 34 inch HDTVs available and in what order would you place them in? I know of the following which are below:

Sony KV-34XBR910

Panasonic CT-34WX53

Toshiba 34HFX83

Philips 34PW9818 or 34PW8520

These seems to be the only 34 inch HDTVs I found via the web.... Now, any thoughts on these models? Or were there models that I missed?

Thanks a lot for the help

Vic

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
Those are the major ones, there used to be some el-cheapo Chinese models like Sampo or Daewoo - but I haven't seen those around for about a year. There are also other 34" HDTV models from Sony - the cheaper 34XBR800 and 34HS510, and a cheaper Toshiba model 34HF83.

I'd put them in this order (highest quality first): Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic, Philips - though you might swap the last two.

From a cost standpoint, the Toshiba is the best value since their pricing is as cheap or cheaper then the lower quality Panasonic or Philips while not quite as a high quality as the Sonys its very close and Toshiba has a few features the Sonys lack. But the brand new super-fine-pitch 34XBR910 is the highest resolution HDTV CRT display available right now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback.

I know the differences between the Sonys high end and low end tvs. I was wondering, what's the difference in the Toshibas? what kind of features does the Toshiba have that the Sony's do not?

Thanks

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
The Toshiba saves settings separately for each video input and allows video input selection in 2 key presses. The Sonys in contrast require you to cycle thru all video inputs to get to the one you want. The Toshiba method makes it a lot easier to program universal remotes to get direct video input selection, its just a convience issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.