AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have narrowed down our search to replace our Sony 32" in the MBR which went caput the other day.....

Panasonic CT34WX52 best price $1888

Sony KV34XBR800 best price $2017

Toshiba 34HDX82 best price $1796

We have direct tv and ota hd ant ... this set is used every evening before bed from a viewing distance of about 12'.

With prices taken into effect which would you recommend? I want to place the order later today if possible.

Thanks.

Elmer

·
Registered
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by emillika
I have narrowed down our search to replace our Sony 32" in the MBR which went caput the other day.....

Panasonic CT34WX52 best price $1888

Sony KV34XBR800 best price $2017

Toshiba 34HDX82 best price $1796

We have direct tv and ota hd ant ... this set is used every evening before bed from a viewing distance of about 12'.

With prices taken into effect which would you recommend? I want to place the order later today if possible.

Thanks.

Elmer
Who is offering the 34HDX82 for $1796 ?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
On an absolute basis would go with Sony but, at $1796 would probably go with the Toshiba. I take it for granted you have viewed these (with sources you will use if possible)? I have a Sony 34RBR800..paid $1925 back in August...zero problems..2 year warranty. {n the home} on Sony by the way?..What is factory warranty on Toshiba?..could be a factor.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you pay $1925 from a B&M or internet? I thought the tv's didn't come out until after that? I must have bad info.

It is not possible to view the set with my sources....how would I do that short of knowing someone who has Directv and this set? Not likely.

The prices are all from abt electronics in glenview, il.

Thanks.

Elmer

·
Registered
741 Posts
If you are a tweeker get the sony. The other two don't compare as far as service menu registers go. If all you are doing is taking it out of the box and setting it up, either one will give you a great picture.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
emill. I meant to view the sets with the sources you will be using. Such as DVD, Satellite, OTA, etc. All sets are available so it should be possible. You may not be able to view them side by side but should be able to remember, somewhat, from store to store. Take a fave DVD along with you.

I bought my Sony on 8th of Aufust, 2002. Zero problems so far and good out of box..with a few adjustments..to taste.. with color, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.