AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a good deal? The unit has a September build date and could have been playing as much as 10 hrs/day for the last 5 months--1500 hours total give or take. It is from authorized dealer and fully warrantied.

Also, does anyone know a way to check actual hours played from the remote?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm looking at purchasing that particular DVD player. Your price is considerably cheaper than the best price you can get on froogle, nextag or ebay.

Warranty is another matter. The list of authorized Denon online dealers is very short. Last time I checked, they all sell near MSRP. If you factor in shipping & handling, you seem to pay around 100$ more for the 1y warranty.

If you are interested in used players with warranty, you might want to take a look at Crutchfield scratch and dent section, or authorized BStock online retailers (ecost, pcmall, dakmart).

My opinion: Dvd players are in the midst of several transitions: universal, hd-dvd, dvi, etc. If I couldn't afford to wait, I'd snatch this player and enjoy it for the next 2 years (use a charge card to double the warranty). Then I would sell it and upgrade after two years.

D.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'd say take it...and fast. The best price I could get from an auth. dealer was $100 less than msrp. Your deal is even better.

If dealer/Denon will honor the warranty from the time of purchase then I would consider it a great deal.

·
Registered
418 Posts
That's a sweet deal. I'm getting ready to drop $600 on a new one.

As mentioned above, if the warranty/return policy is the same, go for it.

Regards,

PolkThug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.