AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FWIW - I saw the 34HF81 at Video Only - San Mateo store. I deceided to buy one and found the best internet price I could and asked VO and Sears if they could match it. Sears said yes, but would add sales tax. I called Video Only and although they could not match the price they came very close and it was cheaper than Sears with tax. I am really enjoying this silver box.

The bottom line, is that I paid $2135 with tax and local delivery. If it works for you contact Rus (Ruslan Zats) at the San Mateo store and mention my name.

Don Cone

·
Registered
686 Posts
Don,

Could you tell us where you found the best online price for the 34HF81? I've read good things about Video Only, but unfortunately I'm on the east coast.

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
108 Posts
Bob,

Are you in the tri-state area? If so, I know a place that has the 34HF81 for only $1923 and they only charge $40 shipping via truck. They are not online. They have a phone number that you can call and they give you a quote which is normally the best price you will ever see. I've ordered a Whirlpool refrigerator and clothes dryer from them on two different occasions and have NEVER been disappointed.

NoelAV

·
Registered
686 Posts
Thanks Don and NoelAV. Too bad I'm in NC, not the tri-state area.

The best price I've found online is $1909 at PAC-2000.com:

http://store.yahoo.com/saveandmake/34hf81.html

But their $279 shipping makes the total $2188, and I'm a little concerned by the fact they don't have their own internet storefront.

Normally I wouldn't quibble over a few bucks, but I'm already way over my wife's idea of what a TV should cost. :( Sure wish there was a cheaper shipping option, since all I need is curbside delivery.

Bob

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bob,

Try SharperDigital. Call them rather than use the web site. Not sure where they are located so the shipping might not be that bad. I just filled out the order on line, printed it, but did not place the order. The $2109 included standard UPS shipping, but there was some indication that for large shipments, you should call them to get the correct cost.

Don

·
Registered
191 Posts
will places such as best buy bargain with you if you show them cheaper places to buy and then tell them you're willing to buy for less?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.