AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's a wierd one... I have a refurbed Philips 34PW3817. Just got it a few weeks ago... One thing I've noticed, but thought it was my imagination, was a picture 'after image'. For instance, if something is on the screen and then blinks off real quick, your can still see a faint outline of it in the background. I can best replicate this with my Sat dish's online menus. When switching to the next menu screen, I can still see the previous menu in the background.

If I turn the TV off, then on again, the after image is gone. I've tried turning every setting I can think of (dnr, etc) on and off, still no luck.

Can anyone give me a good reason why I shouldn't toss this thing out the window? Unfortuntally, this isn't the first problem I've had. Came with a scratch on the screen and Morie patterns. I've fixed the patterns, but the service company won't call be back about the scratch.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
22,155 Posts
Maybe your contrast and/or brightness settings are too high. The Invar mask may be retaining the 'hot' image. Just a guess...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunaly, I've checked that. The TV is pretty much calibrated via Video Essientals, so those setting should be okay dokey.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
I see that on my 27 inch bedroom Sony from time to time, depending on the material. The set is as calibrated as I can get it, without going into the service menu.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.