AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, i just wanted to say that this site is the greatest. loaded with tons of info from you guys.

i download the excel file and altered the settings in the svc menu. after doing so, i viewed a show in letter box and a dvd in 2.35.1. the geometry in the top right corner is pulled up. it starts to go up at the top center and just works its way up right. i need help on how to pull it down. the bottom and top left looks alot better now. any info is greatly appreciated. TIA,souk

·
Registered
748 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by skull
Hi there, i just wanted to say that this site is the greatest. loaded with tons of info from you guys.

i download the excel file and altered the settings in the svc menu. after doing so, i viewed a show in letter box and a dvd in 2.35.1. the geometry in the top right corner is pulled up. it starts to go up at the top center and just works its way up right. i need help on how to pull it down. the bottom and top left looks alot better now. any info is greatly appreciated. TIA,souk
This graphic (from the Service Menu thread) should help.

Phil

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx Phil, i've got that already.

it doesn't have it on there. the geometry issue is just the top right corner. i'm sure one of the codes is the one to correct it. just which one...souk

·
Registered
748 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by drfrank
Use HTPZ first, then rotation, then PPHA, then VANG. Rinse and repeat.
Sounds like good advice, dr. Mine came with letterbox OK but vertical sides not square on 4:3 stuff. I managed to fix that and reduce the tilt error (original tilt correction was -6 now -2) without screwing up letterbox.

My only remaining defect is a bit of impurity tinging on white screens -- mostly in a one inch square in the upper left hand corner. And that seems to come and go, depending on how the set degaussed itself on turn-on last time. But it's no big deal and not noticable on most program material.

I sure do love the set!

Phil

·
Registered
125 Posts
hi there, all.... i can't help much with geometry. it's giving me trouble. but i've found a very nice way to deal with the "red push."

most of the service tweak threads suggest items 13-16 in the 2170-P4 menu, the RYR, BYR, etc.

In in the 2170-P1 menu there are the following: items 6-11, items 14-16

RDRV, etc.

RCUT, etc.

RDOF, etc.

I just got the AVIA disc and, using the gray scale charts, noticed a color cast. I attempted to adjust it away, which is nerve-wracking to do using only your eyes, especially when there are a bunch of neon green characters blaring at you from the service menu.

I believe the DRV values are either over-all channel balance, or else highlight balance.

The CUT values are for doing the black balance, the DOF values for blanacing the grays.

You can try to verify this for yourself. If you put up a gray scale with brightness steps, changing the CUT should change the dark chips much more than the bright chips, etc.

Let me know what you find out. Now, back to that geometry!!

Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.