AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering whether to get the LST-3510A or the LST-3100A and a Bravo D1/Sammy HD931. Does the 3510A provide the same function as the separate above DVD players with the 3100A? In other words, which option would be best to go with? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Have you seen the big thread in the DVD player forum about the 3510A? Several people there have shared their experiences with the Bravo, Samsung, and LG. You have to wade through a lot of junk in the thread, but basically the ones who have seen 1 or both of those other players have preferred the LG or at least thought it was equal in PQ. The LG doesn't have the black crush issue that the Samsung has nor does it seem to have as many reliability issues as the Bravo. Since it is so new though, it's probably too early to judge the reliability. If you have a display with DVI but not DVI-HDCP, the Bravo is the one you'd need. Some people are having better luck than others with the HDCP handshaking between the LG and their display. It seems to depend on the brand/model of the display. I've been able to play DVDs upconverted to 1080i, but I found for my ED plasma that 480p looks better so I don't upconvert the DVDs anymore. Several new players with DVI output were announced this month and should be out within the next few months, so you may want to wait if you'd rather have separate components. I originally got the LG just for its capability as a DVD player with DVI output, but have actually been more excited about the HD which has been a revelation to me. It is convenient to be able to have 2 devices in the one box since the TV only has one DVI input.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.