AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new Sony 36 KVXBR800 the other day and I need some advice on how to make this bad lad purr!

I saw an earlier post on what settings to use to help calibrate it for analog cable and it seemed to help some. I'm using the "standard" setting for cable, but it doesn't have the intense color like the "vivid" setting does. However, I notice more imperfections in picture quality when using "vivid". Is there a way to get the best of both worlds with color intensity and clarity?

I also have an Xbox hooked up to it using component cables. I was playing some games and noticed more jagged edges than I did on my analog set. Once again I enjoy the color bust of "vivid" but wonder which mode (cinemotion, interlaced or progressive) would be best for gaming.

And finally, outside of HD content, what gives the best quality picture for an HD monitor? Someone told me a satalite system has great quality, moreso that regular cable. And what about digital cable? Don't have much HD programing options here.

Thanks in advance to help on these questions. Also feel free to give me any other advice to help make my TV viewing experience any better.

·
Registered
741 Posts
see the 34XBR800 FAQ thread. It's a different set but the settings should be simillar. Use that thread to tweak the set to an excellent picture.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.