AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a 360 Elite and I noticed that the system settings has a lot more options now that I am using HDMI.

Not sure what the best settings are. The reference level setting. I have tried each one, not sure there is much of a difference. I haven't played a game with each on on though. Any suggestions?

Also the HDMI color space. I set it to YCbCr709 because I remember reading for my TV that it does the Super white setting.

I have the new Pioneer Plasma Kuro set.

Any suggestions on these two settings, any insight is appreciated!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
You may see a difference between games and video content as they use different color spaces. Reference level is a function of what the display expects; normal should suffice on HDMI.

Start out with normal reference level, color space at either auto or source, and display discovery on; if you see something not to your liking, then start tweaking. But for a quality contemporary display (directly-connected) the baselines should suffice.

·
Registered
27,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres /forum/post/17036137

You may see a difference between games and video content as they use different color spaces. Reference level is a function of what the display expects; normal should suffice on HDMI.

Start out with normal reference level, color space at either auto or source, and display discovery on; if you see something not to your liking, then start tweaking. But for a quality contemporary display (directly-connected) the baselines should suffice.

Thanks, I will give it a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts