AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some AVS members have been saying that it's time to talk about the games and I couldn't agree more. I'm still getting a 360 regardless of the pricing and HDD issues and am patiently waiting for all of the high res eye candy I can stand. The games have been discussed before but only touched on briefly for the most part. I'm hoping to find out what features of the games whether it be a launch title or future title that you fellow AVSers are looking forward to the most. Do you think that the game you've been searching the internet daily to get any info you can will look as good as the screens shots and movies you've seen? Do you hope that the AI will be leaps and bounds better than it has been in past consoles? In PGR3 I'm hoping for such attention to detail that the immersion factor will make me feel like I'm screaming down a city street or track at 170+! I'm hoping that playing Call of Duty on Live will be something that'll keep me coming back for more. What title will you be playing first?

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I was really looking forward ot PGR3 first. Alas that is not to be...

I am torn between a few titles now and expect to make the decision when I am holding the boxes! No sense in planning ahead when my NEXT choice could be pushed back any day.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm looking forward to Elder Scrolls 4. Im going to be interested in the use of Xbox live, in the past Morrowind had a lot of free updates on the PC version, I wonder if they plan to carry that over, or if it will be a pay service. Either way Im game, because usually those expansions are cheap and have good content.

·
Banned
13,980 Posts
Do you think that the game you've been searching the internet daily to get any info you can will look as good as the screens shots and movies you've seen?

well I haven't watched any videos for Perfect Dark, but most games look achievable. I'm still waiting to see gameplay videos of PGR3 as well from the actual view that you'd be using while driving. I've only watched replay PGR3 news cam footage stuff.

Do you hope that the AI will be leaps and bounds better than it has been in past consoles?

I don't expect it to be a huge improvement right away. but I'm sure some developers will do better than others.

What title will you be playing first?

hopefully perfect dark and Oblivion (if launch games)

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Kameo:)

Gears of War, heck even King Kong!

The xbox version looks promising, can't wait to see how realistic the xbox360 version looks.

Also did you guys know they are making a tombraider legends game for the xbox360, that's awesome!

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkeleb
Some AVS members have been saying that it's time to talk about the games and I couldn't agree more.
I'm all for that. Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'. That's G**Da**ed right.:D

Quote:
I'm hoping that playing Call of Duty on Live will be something that'll keep me coming back for more. What title will you be playing first?
I am really holding ,y breath right now that COD 2 can live up to even just the quality of the first. Finest hour was hardly the finest anything.

Online play wasn't just a step back, it was a collapse on to a pile of manure.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I have these games penciled in for purchase @ launch:

PGR3- hell yeah

CoD2- looks awesome

GR3- if the gameplay is just as good as GR2, then this game will be off the charts.

Down the road:

GoW- but of course!

Anything having to do with UT

Forza 2

Dark Sector- I hope they get a publisher soon.

Halo3

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I'm not sure what CoD2 will bring to the table as far as multi, but the single player videos that have been shown are outstanding. This and Madden will be the 2 games I get on day 1 (assuming they aren't pushed back). The detail, the sound and the atmosphere are what make CoD2 stand out to me. Also, Condemned looks very interesting (also has some of the creepiest ambient sound I've heard in a game.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsguy
I'm not sure what CoD2 will bring to the table as far as multi, but the single player videos that have been shown are outstanding. This and Madden will be the 2 games I get on day 1 (assuming they aren't pushed back). The detail, the sound and the atmosphere are what make CoD2 stand out to me. Also, Condemned looks very interesting (also has some of the creepiest ambient sound I've heard in a game.

Yeah, I'm not sure about the CoD2 MP stuff either. I have my fingers crossed though.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsguy
I'm sure CoD2 will be the same WW2 game play type, but the only WW2 multiplayer I've played was Wolfenstien on the xbox. A more realistic WW2 game is more what I'm looking for. I do realize that the WW2 genera has been beat to death so most will see this game a nothing new. I aslo can't wait to hear it, as you mentioned.

·
Registered
757 Posts
i just looked on ebgames and it appears the games will release at $59.99 each?

wonder when/if rental services will have xbox360 games available right around release time? also, wonder if that will change the rental price of 360 titles vs. standard xbox titles?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
metalaaron, you might want to check out Gamefly. They're not the best rental site out there, but they're good about getting games for system launches (PSP, DS).

·
Registered
550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkeleb
Do you think that the game you've been searching the internet daily to get any info you can will look as good as the screens shots and movies you've seen?
Since the amount of info regarding 360 games is pretty scarce I don't get daily info. But the screens for Gears of War look amazing. From what we've been told those screens are as real as you can get, so that's exciting.

Quote:
Do you hope that the AI will be leaps and bounds better than it has been in past consoles?
Yes and no. I hope that the AI acts more like real people. Meaning that they make mistakes as well as do intelligent moves. :)

Quote:
What title will you be playing first?
I will be getting DOA:4, and Perfect Dark Zero. Although I will say that Ghost Recon looks pretty sweet. I'll be getting Gears of War, just depends on if its coming out on day one or a month or two down the line. :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've pre-ordered PDZ and PGR3. I loved Goldeneye and the original Perfect Dark and I figure I should kick off with at least one racer. Especially as it's something of a flagship title.

I've seen some rumours kicking around that GR will be delayed (gamestop has it's release as December), so I'll pick that up for Xmas if need be. If not, on or close to launch.

I may get COD if it gets good ratings but may hold out for GR as I'm only in for one war FPS. I'd like to vary what types of game I get and I've only got so much time.

Saying all that, Battlefield 2 is also very tempting. I still enjoy 42 on the PC.

I really don't want to buy FIFA 2006 as I'm a big Winning Eleven fan, but if it gets decent reviews and I really start to jones for a football/soccer title, I may wilt.

If the launch titles really do come out at launch or even the 'launch window', it's a stellar line-up. The agony of choice.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the great responses. I'm starting to sway a little towards PD0 as many of you are mentioning that the original was a great game. Can someone tell me why is was so great? I have not played or heard much about it. I'll also have to do some searching on the net for info on the game as well.

·
Banned
13,980 Posts
Nothing to date has even come close to the level design on Perfect Dark/Goldeneye in my opinion.

The weapon selection and secondary functions of the weapons on Perfect Dark are unmatched.

The bots and the A.I. for them are unmatched as well. You could customize the A.I.'s fighting style, etc.

Campaign had co-op and also counter agent mode (i haven't seen any other game do counter agent).. counter agent basically gave the 2nd player the role of feeling in the shoes of the bad guys.. you die then you get moved on to the next bad guy in the room, it it is awesome.

If they just remade Perfect Dark, meaning up the framerate to 60fps, updated graphics and added system link/live I'd pay $100 for it.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The game sounds great I take it that it was for the N64?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.