AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 360 sits at the top of my equipment rack -- it has by far the best line of sight. Yet it's the only device that frequently fails to register IR commands when shot at an angle or bounced off my screen. Pointing the Harmony remote behind my head is getting old quickly.

Known problem or just me? Can you buy an IR extender?

·
Registered
43 Posts
i'm not sure if they make an extender, but i have noticed the reception problems

i have a media center PC hooked up to the same monitor as my 360, and when i'm powering it down, the xbox will turn on, but thats only if i aim it directly at the monitor (right next to the xbox)

but apparently i can aim the remote two feet away in any direction, and the xbox wont pick it up

·
Registered
554 Posts
I use a Niles IR repeater on my theater rack/360 with the pick-up mounted to the center channel speaker, it works great with my Harmony. Now... if I can get my high tech Bluetooth PS3 to work with my Harmony

·
Registered
244 Posts
The microsoft original remote is a bit weak on it's IR. The NYKO is even worse. If I learn the commands to a sony remote, the range seems par with all other AV equipment.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I having the same problem with mine. I have the xbox 360 harmony remote and it NEVER turns on my xbox when I start the activity. Drives me crazy.

I have a launch system and I think they fixed it on later versions of the console because my friend had his over at my house and put it in the same exact spot of the room that mine is sitting at and I could point the remote any where in the room and it would turn his on and not mine. Needless to say.. I was jealous.

·
Registered
698 Posts
this is due to M$'s idea to have the detachable faceplate that in my opinion just stupid you can still see the sides when you put a different color face plate on it just looks stupid they could of did a whole case

I had the 360 harmony remote and had the same problem I now got the 880 and since it has 2 IR LED's (maybe the 360 remote does as well I dont know but it is flat at the front) and the front is rounder so not having this problem as much

but I have noticed that with every other device in my HT works even pointing anyway but the 360 has to be atleast the sides

it does suck though and if I open this 360 I will move it up to the front

·
Registered
46 Posts
The reception on the Xbox IR remote I have is awful. I was using a MX-500 remote and found that it had problems as well. My xbox is out for repair so maybe it will come out better.

I was just hoping they would make a remote that uses the wireless feature like the PS3 Blu Ray remote. I always end up getting frustrated and using the controller. It's fine for me, but the wife and others aren't going to control a dvd with a game controller.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thearod /forum/post/0

I having the same problem with mine. I have the xbox 360 harmony remote and it NEVER turns on my xbox when I start the activity. Drives me crazy.

I have a launch system and I think they fixed it on later versions of the console because my friend had his over at my house and put it in the same exact spot of the room that mine is sitting at and I could point the remote any where in the room and it would turn his on and not mine. Needless to say.. I was jealous.

I have the same problem... It's driving me insane.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.