AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Does anyone here think we'll ever see any MMORPGs on the 360? I would love to see a game like WoW on the 360. I don't think Blizzard will ever do that, but I'm curious about rumblings by other publishers. Is the Age of Conan game going to be a 360 MMORPG? What about that future Marvel Superheroes game? Anyone know?

I think that once the 360 hits the 10 million owners mark some publisher HAS to step into this realm as the potential is immense. But I will say that I won't pay extra outside of the XBOX Live fee, so I'm curious as to their financial models as well. Probably something along the lines of paying for new material like in Oblivion.

JS

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Check out the Phantasy Star Online open beta Demo. Free for now. Not my cup of tea but lots of people playing.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have been thinking about this myself. I really enjoyed playing WoW, however one of the things I liked about it was having tons of different attack options and the flexible UI. I think at one point I had every letter and number mapped to different things and I used about 75% of them every time I played. I couldn't imagine trying to do half of those with the controller!

I guess you could have the same button mapped to several different task depending on what you were doing at that moment. It would be a challenge to for the developers to get even slightly close to the flexible that the WoW UI had.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm still hoping for a game like Baulders Gate and Dark Alliance (B.G. 2) on the 360. Those were great games on the original xbox that my wife and I really enjoyed playing.

Any games like that coming soon to the 360?

·
Registered
563 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve68 /forum/post/0

I'm still hoping for a game like Baulders Gate and Dark Alliance (B.G. 2) on the 360. Those were great games on the original xbox that my wife and I really enjoyed playing.

Any games like that coming soon to the 360?

Marvel Ultimate Alliance is very similar. Different setting, but it's the same kind of game.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixkillerNYC /forum/post/0

Huh? The Beta still works? I don't think so.

The game is out and it has a monthly fee.

I played it last night. It is currently on the new demo page with Crackdown.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.