AVS Forum banner
  • Take part in a short activity and share your valuable opinion on new design concepts for AVSForum! >>> Click Here
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

360 Planet Earth issue...

861 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  AndreHD
The Discovery Planet Earth collection came in the mail, and when I opened it, there was a disclaimer in it about needing a software update. That was a bad sign right there
. The first disk gets to the copyright warning, then the HD Theater logo, then goes BLACK, and thats it. I can get a little further with the second disk. It actually gets by the HD Theater logo to the actual menu. BUT when I try to play any of the episodes, it freezes. Haven't tried the other 2 disks yet, but I have some kind of problem here...is there some kind of driver update I have to get for this?
See less See more
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreHD /forum/post/12815445

The Discovery Planet Earth collection came in the mail, and when I opened it, there was a disclaimer in it about needing a software update. That was a bad sign right there
. The first disk gets to the copyright warning, then the HD Theater logo, then goes BLACK, and thats it. I can get a little further with the second disk. It actually gets by the HD Theater logo to the actual menu. BUT when I try to play any of the episodes, it freezes. Haven't tried the other 2 disks yet, but I have some kind of problem here...is there some kind of driver update I have to get for this?

The 360 Add on has very frequent updates for it. Make sure you are connected to Live when you play the HD DVD and you will probably get a message to update. When I owned an Add on I got a message probably 6 or 7 times.
The update paper is in almost every single disc now. This is done so that the companies can CTA (Cover Their A**). You should always have your 360 connected to the internet as the Add on has had a few updates that are needed for reliable playback. I have not heard of many people getting the Discovery version though as most got the BBC version.
Is the BBC version narrated by David Attenborough?! Damn, I shoulda got THAT version. Attenborough's fun, Weaver is kinda dull
. Did you see Attenborough "BOO!" the sloth in the Life of Mammals collection? The sloth just sits there like, "yawn...". That cracks me up every time I see it
! Anyway, thanks, gotta hook up the net.
See less See more
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.