AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the codes for the service menu and where do I go to fix this problem. The same would work on the larger 40XBR800.

Also the geometry for the left side of the screen is slightly off so I'd like to fix that next.

·
Registered
81 Posts
No doubt someone's mentioned that all that can be found by searching the forum for it. Remember, if you screw something up and ruin your TV you have no one but yourself to blame. if you feel at all doubtful that you can do this right then it might be worth having a calibrator do it for you. They're pricey, but they'll get your TV to look better than you believed. And remember, some of the geometry issues come from the placement of magnets within the case, so you really might not be able to get this fixed without a professional. Good luck either way.

·
Registered
132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy36XBR800 /forum/post/15580117

What are the codes for the service menu and where do I go to fix this problem. The same would work on the larger 40XBR800.

Also the geometry for the left side of the screen is slightly off so I'd like to fix that next.

Display, Channel, 5, Vol Minus, ( Not plus ) then Power

·
Registered
491 Posts
Looks like Display -> 5 -> Vol + -> Power to me.

Substituting Vol - brings up the self-diagnosis display, which seems to be common among this generation.

Anyway, here is the geometry section visual description:

2170D-1 matrix:

2170D-2 matrix:

Take note of what is global and what is by type of source when adjusting, and ALWAYS write down your default settings (mine didn't match what Sony said was the default) before adjusting. Best way to do this is experiment all you want but before writing, press input to cancel your changes, until you are sure you want to write the change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts