AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm shopping for a 37-40 inch LCD flat panel for under $2000. Preferrably a brand available at Best Buy, as I have some gift cards to use. Picture quality and reliability are most important to me. Will be used primarily for both HD and SD tv watching, as well as the occasional DVD.

Is it worth the extra cash to get a brand like Sony/Samsung rather than going with a less expensive brand like Westinghouse?

Any/all advice is appreciated, thanks!

· Registered
74 Posts
I'm actually going to be replacing my Westinghouse 37"v1 1080p ldc today (in about an hour) for a Samsung 4051d. I've had the westinghouse for about 1.5 yrs, but it needed warrently service and they can't replace the panel so I basically get a BB giftcard for my purchase price. If you go westinghouse, definitely get the extended warrenty...well worth the money I paid for it. The westinghouse can be a great tv, but I don't believe the build quality is there (which is why I got the warrenty). I also have the samsung 3251d (about 3 weeks now) and it produces a wonderful picture. Westinghouse can be a crap shoot, they can have great pictures or a lot of issues (I had to return 2 before I kept the one I'm replacing 1 had bad pixels and the other had really bad banding). It's up to you to decide what your willing to deal with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.