AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first posting here...hope someone can give me advice. I am buying my first LCD TV...deciding between the 32" or 37" tv's....used mostly for TV, some movies and mostly Xbox 360, Wii etc.. I've about decided on the 37" inch since a friend told me to always go bigger when deciding between two sizes. Now the only issue is rather I should do 720p or 1080p. I don't want to fall victim to paying a lot of money for something I absolutely won't notice. I will be sitting about 6 feet from the tv (I live in NYC so my apartment is about as big as the box the tv comes in...hehe).

I'm going to go with a Samsung but can anyone suggest rather I need 1080p or 720p?

Thanks so much!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi! 720p is good for gaming and 1080p is great for PC, thats what I heard from this forums. but I purchased 42inch LCD 1080p FHDTV. I hooked X360 gaming up with the 1080p LCD, it already blew me out!

·
Registered
999 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD212 /forum/post/14156348

This is my first posting here...hope someone can give me advice. I am buying my first LCD TV...deciding between the 32" or 37" tv's....used mostly for TV, some movies and mostly Xbox 360, Wii etc.. I've about decided on the 37" inch since a friend told me to always go bigger when deciding between two sizes. Now the only issue is rather I should do 720p or 1080p. I don't want to fall victim to paying a lot of money for something I absolutely won't notice. I will be sitting about 6 feet from the tv (I live in NYC so my apartment is about as big as the box the tv comes in...hehe).

I'm going to go with a Samsung but can anyone suggest rather I need 1080p or 720p?

Thanks so much!!

Well I think if your not running any 1080P source to it,save your money and go with the 720P. I'm not sure how much a difference you would see between the two with that size anyway. Just my 2 cents

1 - 4 of 4 Posts