AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide between a Samsung 37A550 for $879 and a LG3760 for $950. Now the LG is 120 hz while the Samsung is 60, how much of a difference would this option make on a screen this size? Is it worth the $80?

Thanks for any replies

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would go with the 120Hz one. 120Hz products are high-end for a brand, while 60Hz products are mid/entry level products. No matter you need 120Hz or not, overall quality should be better on high end products.

·
Registered
20 Posts
In the same boat as well....looking to pick up a 37 inch and I also have the XBR6 in the mix. Not sure which one of these three to get. I have an LG 22" 720p in the bedroom and it is a nice TV, but I really like the Samsungs and the Sony's. However the LG does come with 120 Hz and 50,000:1 contrast ratio and I think it is 4 ms refresh rate.....decisions, decisions....

·
Registered
866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdp4444 /forum/post/15559810

I am trying to decide between a Samsung 37A550 for $879 and a LG3760 for $950. Now the LG is 120 hz while the Samsung is 60, how much of a difference would this option make on a screen this size? Is it worth the $80?

Thanks for any replies

I would definitely get the 120hz for that little bit of difference. Or you could go to costco and get a 37" toshiba regza for 599.00.

·
Registered
866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagangjee /forum/post/15765622

Is that 1080p? Do you have the model number?

I dont think toshiba has a 1080p 37". They have a 40" and 42" 1080p. Its really debatable how much benefit you get from it. At a certain distance you wouldnt be able to tell 720p from 1080p. The first link is for the 32". That price is almost 50% off list. The second link is for a 1080p tv.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...ang=en-US&Sp=C

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...ang=en-US&Sp=C

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its a small point, but re the LG TVs, I'm not a big fan of the "fin" they have at the botton of the bezel. It looks odd and feels quite cheap in person (IMO).

·
Registered
866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lushmd /forum/post/15769496

Its a small point, but re the LG TVs, I'm not a big fan of the "fin" they have at the botton of the bezel. It looks odd and feels quite cheap in person (IMO).

I really dont like anything about the bezel. I dont like the scarlet and I hate the bezel under the screen it is too wide imo.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyjoe /forum/post/15769675

I really dont like anything about the bezel. I dont like the scarlet and I hate the bezel under the screen it is too wide imo.

I totally agree. The LG70 is pretty nice looking, but the LG60 Scarlett is butt-ugly!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I ended up going with the LG60 37" from Tiger Direct. I ordered through the MSN portal and got another 10% off. mountsmadesimple.com had excellent pricing and delivery options. All in all, I am quite please with my new setup. It is a beautiful picture. Thanks again for everyone's input.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts