AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I bought a 37 inch LG 1080p 120Hz LED TV model number 37LE5300 about 9 months ago, and about 7 months ago the TV started to go crazy, and by that I mean it grew a brain and started randomly turning the volume up and down, going into inputs, and changing the channel. At times it would go away, but then it would come back and be even worse. Eventually I put a password onto the keylock to stop it from changing the channel and volume, but now this big keylock option pops up every single time the TV decides to have a hissy fit. I don't want to open the TV up without some idea of whats wrong, so all I have accomplished is countless hours of messing with its options. I have concluded that the TV seems to do this a lot more in 1080p mode, as though it were working to hard to create the image quality it's supposed to. I'm about to give up on this thing, so if anyone has any idea, please let me know, thanks in advance!

Spaced

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
If you bought the set new it came with a 1 year warranty from LG.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yaaaa, I did what I told myself not to, but time after time I keep using ebay... The company I bought it from was a freight company who had new, but damaged sets that fell off their lifts or something; anyway they offered no warranty. I searched quite a few hours for any related problems, but I haven't come across any.

The buttons on the tv are all touch, so I thought if I opened it up and somehow disabled the panel, that it would maybe stop this "ghost" from smashing his face on my buttons but idk. All I want is to use my trumotion 120hz tv on Revelations and MW3, but I cant.

Thanks for the response and help, always appreciated.

·
Registered
18,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l Spaced l /forum/post/21287603

Yaaaa, I did what I told myself not to, but time after time I keep using ebay... The company I bought it from was a freight company who had new, but damaged sets that fell off their lifts or something; anyway they offered no warranty. I searched quite a few hours for any related problems, but I haven't come across any.

The buttons on the tv are all touch, so I thought if I opened it up and somehow disabled the panel, that it would maybe stop this "ghost" from smashing his face on my buttons but idk. All I want is to use my trumotion 120hz tv on Revelations and MW3, but I cant.

Thanks for the response and help, always appreciated.

Take it to an authorized LG service dealer and see what it would cost to get it fixed. caveat emptor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts