AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up one of these TVs at Best Buy today. It is on sale for $399 (regularly $479) so you effectively get the 4 year extended warranty free. The sales girl said the sale goes through next Saturday.

Link

Easy to set up and the picture is pretty good running off of my new DTV HR22 (the actual reason I went to BB today). Not as good as others but excellent considering the $400 price tag. It is in my home office/guest bedroom so there was no reason to go overboard. It replaced a 27" Sony CRT.

Currently running in out-of-the-box mode so I can't say if it can be tweaked to be even better.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah I hopped on this deal too. I was looking to go ultra cheap for a bedroom and I'm pretty happy so far.

I have a $98 Magnavox BluRay player attached to it (you can detect a theme here) and the picture looks good. The screen also indicates it's receiving a 1080p input -- I'm assuming it's down converting it to 1080i but "surprise" out of the box 1080p support would be nice.

Is there an owner's thread for this TV?

·
Registered
207 Posts
For that price, the picture's certainly "good enough" for a bedroom TV (which I picked one up last week for, during the sale). No great shakes, but it'll do the job.

AUO panel ( probably this particular one ), I'd wager, based on the specs.

There's a volume-independent speaker hiss on the one I picked up, though.

You can't hear it when you're watching a program, but it's certainly noticeable when there's no sound (like when at a DVD/BluRay player loading screen). Muting the speakers or plugging in headphones (which also mutes the speakers) makes it go away. Noisy amp?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts