AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm helping my brother with his new tv. (using the phone, not in person). He tried to connect the component video to his DVD player via the 5 rca cables. Unfortunately he only gets a blue screen.

I thought it would work right the first time. Should he just buy an S-video cable and use that instead? His tv has an s-video input.

It's a 37" sceptre he bought at costco.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
could be many things. Not sure what type of 5 connector cable he has but a component cable has 3 connectors usually red, blue and green. Match these on the DVD player and TV. Some DVD players need to have the component outs "activated" via the DVD menu. A composite or SVideo cable will assist in trouble shooting but I would use the component cables permanently or better yet HDMI if the TV and DVD player support this.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured out how to activate the component section of the dvd player. The picture disappeared as soon as I did that, but when I hooked up the component cables, there was no picture.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.