1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
both from Costco

37LH30 - 1080p, super-ips LG panel

PN42B450 - $100 cheaper, bigger screen

not sure what to do, 37LH30 i like the way it displays the image however i have issues with a strong presence of yellow on the image overall and red seems to be lacking in strength even after calibration

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
I haven't seen the LG set. I have PN50A450 and PN42B450 which I am very happy with. I don't think you'll run into those color problems on the Samsung, because it has a reputation for excellent color, and because it has a variety of user level controls for color balance, contrast, gamma (and gray level too, but that may require instruments). If you see too much orange, e.g., you can adjust it away. There's no red push problem, so far as I know.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the PN42B450 at home now

disappointed with how the image looks at 720p

the real resolution for this tv is 1024x768 and for PS3/360 at 720p (1280x720) the tv has to scale (Artificially show that resolution) and it does a poor job

Things look more Standard Definition than HD at 720p on this TV, I have a LG 37LH30 and my Dell 2209wa to compare it to, the image on the PN42B450 is very noisy when scaled and lacks clarity. Its really looks like i'm gaming at Standard Definition with this thing at 720p, movies are less noticeable because they tend to be noisy looking by nature while video games and onscreen text has that clarity and it really stands out to me

the blurring is almost non existent, its very good and I can make out objects while moving which was never possible with LCDs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts