AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the verge of updating my old prologic Denon AVR-2500. I like the Denon sound and have had no prob's with the 2500 in 4 years, so I think I'll stick with Denon.

I have around $1,200.00 to 1,500.00US to spent on a new receiver and listening habits are approx. 50/50 ht and music.

I am leaning towards the 3802, however I'm also tossing-up whether to go for the 2802 plus a good 2 channel amp. My main front speakers (Krix) are 4ohm nominal, although my old 2500 never had problems with overheating or circuit protection when driving them long and loud.

Can the 2802 be configured to take a 2 channel amp for stereo duties? Would I be missing out on the better DAC's that are in the 3802??? Should I just get the 3802 and save my $$$ for a 2 or 3 channel amp at some stage down the track??

As a side note, I did have a listen to the 3801 on my speakers when it first came out and thought that it sounded a bit "flat" at high volumes (please no flames!). This maybe my speakers reaching their limits - I'm not sure. I have read another thread either here or on another forum where 3802 owners who have upgraded from the 3801 have commented that the 3802 had a warmer sound?

Any comments are greatly appreciated?

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Go listen to the 2802 and 3802 and make sure you like how they sound.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.