AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, first off, i have tried a search, and i've looked through the manual, and this is probably mentioned both on this site and in the manuals, but if it is i just can't see it....so apologies if this is a straight forward question..

i got my 3803 last week, absolutely love it, it's an upgrade from my old kenwood vr407, but there is one thing i can't figure out how to do, on my kenwood you could offset the volume on each input so taht as you switched between inputs, i.e. from tv to dvd player, the volume remained constant. I can't figure out how to do this with my 3803...can anyone help? even a page number in the manual would help, i'll read the rest, but it's really bugging me that i can't find it...

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I'm not sure that the Denon has this feature. I've read the manual a bunch of times and have never seen it mentioned (of course I could be missing it)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by russ fulks
I'm not sure that the Denon has this feature. I've read the manual a bunch of times and have never seen it mentioned (of course I could be missing it)
I have one and also don't see the functionality either referred to in the manual or in any of the setup screens. Fortunately my inputs are within probably +-5dB of each other so it isn't a complete disaster like some folks experience (+-10dB or more)

Bill

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my ps2 is the big problem....switching to that after watching tv would wake the dead....sends me scrambling for the remote every time....not good at all really!!!

maybe there is no way of doing it, maybe there is something i can do on the playstation level, hmmm...must look into that....

·
Registered
654 Posts
The Denon's can remember levels by each mode. And it can remember modes by input. As one example, if you are running Mono Movie mode for one input, it's levels can be set differently than another input that is set to Matrix.

But...there are a few modes that it considers to be the same. Dolby Pro Logic II and DTS:NEO6 are memorized as the same levels as Dolby Digital and DTS.

So, depending on what modes you are running, you may be able to do what you want...

·
Registered
67 Posts
When setting the level for individual devices, there is no on screen display. Take a look at the dispply on the reciever itself and make the adjustment up or down using the same procedure that you used for the global adjustments

azarby.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Quote:
When setting the level for individual devices, there is no on screen display. Take a look at the dispply on the reciever itself and make the adjustment up or down using the same procedure that you used for the global adjustments
Well, azarby, respectfully I would state this a bit differently...

1st, the level settings are stored by playback mode (such as DPLII Music, Stereo, Direct, etc.), not device input.

2nd, there is OSD for these adjustments for composite and S-Video. But for component, you would have use the front panel display.

Finally, the detail of how to adjust the individual channel levels is detailed in the 3803 manual on the lower half of page 55. These steps are not the same as the global adjustsment. If you go back into the main setup menu and run the level settings, they apply globally and you are no better off than before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.