Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently purchased and installed an RCA 38310 (for those in the dark, RCA's widescreen 38" direct view with HD and DirecTV built in. I love the picture, installation however is a labor of love. DirecTV works great, of course. The receiver is 32 bit and performs fine. The box has no video outputs though, so re-feeding TiVo is out of the question, eliminating time-shifting. I've decided to blow off the internal DirecTV and purchase a DirecTivo on e-bay.

I live in SJ, I'm not sure how far from the key towers, in a townhouse with CCRs, so a roof or high profile outdoor antenna for OTA is out of the question. The RS double BT only allows me to get 1 channel when pointing one way and one other when re-syncing in another direction. A logical choice would be something dish-mounted and low profile.

Any thoughts? No one seems too excited about Terk. What about the TV-42 wrap around?

Joe

BTW - I'm the VP of Global Sales for CyberLink Corp. (PowerDVD, PowerVCR, PowerDirector, etc). I'd be happy to offer 50% off of any of our retail software products to AVSForum members. This is not an ad, we have plenty of business and anything created by this offer would obviously be minor. Just like to give something back.) Contact [email protected] and mention what I said and what you might be interested in.

[This message has been edited by joemonty (edited 09-16-2001).]

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have a RCA F38310 and the Sony T60 TIVO PVR hook together. I connected the Sony T60 to the S video one port on the F38310. I have the RCA progressive scan DVD player connected to the component input and a JVC S-VHS connected to S video two port.

Normally I use the internal RCA Direct receiver for watching Direct and the TIVO to time shift and record DIRECT programs. I see very little lost in signal when watching the F38310 from S video port one for Direct input from the T60. I dislike how slow the F38310 is to change channels and in displaying the Direct Guide so when I want to look at what coming on for the next several hours I bring up the Sony T60 guide for it is much faster. I like to surf channels and I switch to the T60 for surfing for it is a lot faster changing channels then the F38310.

Mike Norman

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.