AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the 38310 for a few months now, and just thought about a time shift for my wife. The sat signal goes into the TV, but I don't see any output for the VCR. Am I missing something? Obviously I can play back, but how can I record to a VCR, not TIVO?

·
Registered
697 Posts
The only solution that I have heard of is two sat boxes. Of course the only way to record high def would be with a digital VCR or HD Tivo both would require another external HD capable sat receiver.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was thinking of getting a tivo unit for my f38310...so I'll need another satellite receiver for that to work?

I can't just plug my current sat signal (which is going into the built in reciever) into the back of the Tivo and then feed the output of the tivo into the tv sat receiver?

Hope this isn't too much of a noob question.

Cheers

·
Registered
77 Posts
You can get a DirecTivo, which is a tivo/directv reciever combo box that includes two tuners. This is what I'd suggest over a stand alone tivo and an additional sat. receiver. Check out tivocommunity.com for more.

Also, Tivo and DirecTV announced a HD DirecTivo to be released near the end of the year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.