AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For 4-5 years I have been watching a Sharp XV-H37U. This was destroyed in a recent fire at my house and I want to replace it with the best thing I can get. I have about $3900.00 to spend and am considering a Sharp 7000. Has anyone seen this model in action? I will be keeping my 100" diag. 4:3 screen and hope to use my current throw distance of 18'. I want HDTV capability and possible a 16:9 based projector using the center part of my current screen and Zoom out for full screen 4:3. I will probably get a progressive scan DVD player to replace my current JVC DVD player. 80% of the time this will be used for DVD's and 20% maybe more for off the air HDTV when i get a receiver.

Any Sugestions?

Thanks,

Micheal F.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Sony W10HT and Sanyo PLV60 can be had for $4500-$4700 and they are native 16:9 LCD projectors with good reviews (check www.thebigpicturedvd.com/bigequipment.shtml for reviews). You can also go for the Infocus LP530 which is a 4:3 XGA DLP with 2000 lumens. The Sanyo LCDs like the XW20 or XP18N may also be close in your price range.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, I have seen the sharp 7000 and I don't know if it was poorly set-up but it was the worst FP I have seen and they wanted full retail of 5000 for it at a local hi-end audio/video retailer.

They also had the sony 11ht, yamaha d-1something and the sharp 9000. These were all great units.

I agree with Huey, check out his suggestions. Also look at the NEC VT540.

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.