AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a HDMI 1.3b cable running through my ceiling to my current projector. I'm guessing I'll need to run a HDMI 1.4 cable if I want full 1080p 3d once I upgrade to a 3d projector? Or is the cable type irrelevant, as long as my source and projector output and accept?

·
Registered
5,574 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs /forum/post/18215800

So I have a HDMI 1.3b cable running through my ceiling to my current projector. I'm guessing I'll need to run a HDMI 1.4 cable if I want full 1080p 3d once I upgrade to a 3d projector? Or is the cable type irrelevant, as long as my source and projector output and accept?

Cat 2 v1.3 cable does the trick. The importance of the cable is the speed and the highest speed encountered in v1.4 is the same as v1.3 (340MHz).

BTW: Cable Manufacturers are no longer allowed to label HDMI cables with the version number .

Quote:
Changes for Cables Effective Immediately

* Adopters may no longer use HDMI version numbers in the labeling, packaging, or promotion of any cable product. This is effective immediately for any references to the HDMI Specification Version 1.4, and Adopters have a one-year grace period for removing references to earlier versions of the HDMI specification when describing their cables.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehancock /forum/post/18218398

Cat 2 v1.3 cable does the trick. The importance of the cable is the speed and the highest speed encountered in v1.4 is the same as v1.3 (340MHz).

BTW: Cable Manufacturers are no longer allowed to label HDMI cables with the version number .

Good... So what I have should work... I ran a string to pull cable to my closet, but it wouldn't be an easy pull, so I'm glad I won't have to do this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts