AVS Forum banner

121 - 140 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Make sure you guys are checking all your local big lots, I went to three store and found ,3 to 4 different oned at each store, was surprised to find some oldies like shrek 2, 3, 4, warcraft, which I never heard of and megamind
Have not found Warcraft yet, but I got about 15 different 3d movies at various Big Lots. Tells you distributors are dumping them.

Two of our Big Lots went out of business, so I can't keep shopping around...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Have not found Warcraft yet, but I got about 15 different 3d movies at various Big Lots. Tells you distributors are dumping them.

Thanks, picked up the 3 I was missing: Shrek 2. Kung Fu Panda 1, and Turbo ! :cool:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Originally Posted by d james Make sure you guys are checking all your local Big Lots said:
Thanks for the heads up. I picked up a couple of new 3D blu rays for $5 apiece at the Big Lots in Fort Collins, Co. a couple of days ago. This price is cheaper than the used price for the same movies on Ebay. Same as the local pawn shop price for used blu rays.

This is not a store where I would expect to find this kind of product.

·
Registered
40 Posts

Yes, perhaps if they didn’t ask $40 when they were new there would have been larger acceptance in the market and we’d still have 3D TVs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
887 Posts
Yes, perhaps if they didn’t ask $40 when they were new there would have been larger acceptance in the market and we’d still have 3D TVs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah no kidding, that never made sense to me. After all, the movies were already made in 3d, how much more did it cost them to print them out then a regular blu ray. I don't even think the 4ks were over priced like the 3ds when they first came out. I love how they give us a dvd, blur ray and redeeming code, and say what a deal, why not just give me the one disk and charge less.

I hope the new avatars will push a new love for 3d in 4k and make them add it to the 4k spec, i doubt they will, but hopefully. i remember reading one of the guys from the forum that put the spec together said they didn't add 3d because no movies are made in 4k, but so are most other movies from what i understand, lousy excuse

·
Registered
95 Posts
I always felt that there should be NO separate 3D and 2D-only releases of any 3D titles, just include the 3D copy for those who are equipped, and those who aren't will get more 3D material in their homes that way and be more motivated to upgrade. The smaller labels like Anchor Bay and Shout Factory did theirs this way, Lionsgate did for a while also (usually just one disc with the 3D movie playable in 2D) but starting with Gods of Egypt went to separate releases.

In addition to the premium price, most people aren't going to go out of their way to find the 3D edition of a movie they want. I remember getting a survey from Disney before 3D went on the market and I stressed that there should be as few separate editions of any movie as possible, but they obviously didn't listen. I also made note that I didn't like a big set with separate 3D and 2D discs plus a DVD and digital copy disc, but most of their titles were put out that way, at inflated prices of course.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I always felt that there should be NO separate 3D and 2D-only releases of any 3D titles
I am all for anything that could have helped 3D adoption and longevity - sadly it has not worked out.

One thing against a single version is not all 3D only discs will play in 2D for a set that does not support 3D. The content author can set this when they master them I believe. Also it is not uncommon for the mastering on a 3D to be different from a 2D to enhance brightness for example. Not to mention that sometimes the 2D version can have a higher bitrate when the 3D size for both eyes does not fit well they compress it more and often if space is an issue the 3D might not get the same lossless audio. Finally since the 3D version is a left eye / right eye version I don't know if the perspective is actually identical for the left eye (if left eye first) vs a true 2D only disc - probably only a bit different if at all - not really sure. For these reasons If I really like a movie I use the 2D disc when available to watch in 2D (gasp). Of course I usually prefer the 3D when an option - well maybe not for Solo but for most titles.

Target has a buy 2 get 1 sale thru today (Saturday). In their online store you can still find listings for many 3D moves that you can order with this deal. FYI.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Extra 5gbp off today only. Uk time (gmt) so by 7 PM eastern I think. An hour left! Enter code BIGTHANKS
Don't see any extra 5 gbp off now ...
Also if i select 3 movies from that list, it says 36 pounds
Amazon uk is a little quirky but they did indeed ring up at 20 quid total at final check out. The sale prices don’t show up until you are at the end of checkout, but you can see the offers listed under each item as you shop. You can still get 3 for 25 but the extra 5 off ended a couple hours ago.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
There is a new 3 for £25 deal on Amazon UK, Incredibles 2 now included:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/promotion/APGROOUGPYY8Y
Thanks for posting this. Unfortunately (or fortunately), I already own every single title that's eligible except Maleficent. :eek: Most of them purchased on Amazon UK, which is such a great place to shop for titles with the cheap/relatively fast shipping.

·
Registered
378 Posts
This amazon.co.uk does not seem to work out best for Canada...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/promotion/APGROOUGPYY8Y/ref=gbps_tit_s-4_c0f6_de9112c3?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=cad61525-4a82-450c-b883-5f7c0db2c0f6&pf_rd_s=slot-4&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=7RT7VPRN92S6TZQBRBJ6

tried to order 3 movies but below is the price which is too high

Order Summary

Items: £30.81
Postage & Packing: £5.06

Total before VAT: £35.87
VAT: £0.00
Import Fees Deposit: £4.78
Total: £40.65
Promotion Applied: -£5.81

Order Total: £34.84

·
Registered
169 Posts
I just received three movies form the amazon.co.uk as well. Same shipping cost but I didn't have an Import Fees Deposit. Maybe Canada customs is the problem.

121 - 140 of 211 Posts