AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Apologies ahead of time if this is in the wrong thread. Totally green when it comes to this stuff and I hope you guys could help me.

I just bought a new Samsung PN50C8000, and I get a no signal error anytime I try to play a 3d Blu-Ray on my PS3, which is HDMI'd through my receiver (Pioneer VSX-9040TXH).

My google-fu tells me that the receiver doesn't seem to handle a 3D signal (something to do with HDMI 1.4). Bummer.

What I want to ask is if there is an alternate setup or something I can do about this? Buying another receiver is out of the question for budgetary reasons. Maybe the answer is as easy as switching out the HDMI cables or updating the Pioneeer firmware somehow?

I've tried the following with decent results, but I worry about the quality of sound that I get when I'm not going directly from the source and I'm not a fan of switching TV inputs (I'd rather do it all on the receiver):

1)From PS3 HDMI to TV

2)TV Optical audio out to Receiver

Any help would be totally appreciated.

----------

My setup:

Samsung PN50C8000

Playstation 3

Pioneer VSX-9040TXH

·
Registered
492 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestarjay /forum/post/19570924

Hi all,

Apologies ahead of time if this is in the wrong thread. Totally green when it comes to this stuff and I hope you guys could help me.

I just bought a new Samsung PN50C8000, and I get a no signal error anytime I try to play a 3d Blu-Ray on my PS3, which is HDMI'd through my receiver (Pioneer VSX-9040TXH).

My google-fu tells me that the receiver doesn't seem to handle a 3D signal (something to do with HDMI 1.4). Bummer.

What I want to ask is if there is an alternate setup or something I can do about this? Buying another receiver is out of the question for budgetary reasons. Maybe the answer is as easy as switching out the HDMI cables or updating the Pioneeer firmware somehow?

I've tried the following with decent results, but I worry about the quality of sound that I get when I'm not going directly from the source and I'm not a fan of switching TV inputs (I'd rather do it all on the receiver):

1)From PS3 HDMI to TV

----------

My setup:

Samsung PN50C8000

Playstation 3

Pioneer VSX-9040TXH

You can get a dual HDMI player like the Panasonic DMP-BDT350. Also I heard some people talking about a HDMI splitter, but I'm not sure if they were successful or not.

·
Registered
13,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestarjay /forum/post/19570924

Hi all,

1)From PS3 HDMI to TV

----------

My setup:

Samsung PN50C8000

Playstation 3

Pioneer VSX-9040TXH

PS3 HDMI display

PS3 Optical to AVR

Problem solved.

·
Registered
121 Posts
make sure you set it to multiple audio outs and choose all of the formats that your receiver can do. It will only auto-detect the audio that your tv can do which is probably only stereo. Make sense?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.