AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a BD-C6800 that has multi-channel analog outputs. My yamaha RX-V663 has analog multi-channel inputs. The problem I have is the player doesn't output the LFE track at the dB level similarly to the rest of the speaker levels. I was under the impression that this is normal over multichannel, but as far as I know, the 663 has no options to correct for this dB loss.

Does anyone know of a blu-ray player that will output to my needs since my receiver has no way for fixing this without effecting all other inputs (HDMI and optical).

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
There are BD players like Oppo that have gain trims for the analog outputs, and I guess you could turn down the mains by 10 dB and boost the sub by 5, and that might get you there. Are you saying the Samsung has no level trimmers for the outputs?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, in my Samsung 6800, the only option I have is to turn each individual speaker off, small, or large. Those are the only options from the player. Unless I'm crazy and just can't find any. I do have the option of PCM, bitstream (re-encode), and bitstream (audiophile). I have all speakers set to small and my the audio is set to PCM.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm trying to avoid buying a 3D blu-ray player with dual HDMI outputs, but they may be my only option. I would also be willing to see if there is an HDMI splitter that sends the 3D signal out to the TV and HD audio to the AVR, but it looks like that doesn't exist.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Why didn't you just put the $200 you just spent on the 6800 towards a new receiver and used the Panasonic player you had? That way you could move out of 1990 and analog inputs and into the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.