AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

What 3D movie(s) etc. would you recommend based on my buying pattern?:

MOVIE                                     RATING

------------------------------------------------------      -------------------------------------------------

Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D (2008)      (RATING = DUCK!!! )

Star Trek: Into Darkness 3D (2013)                   (RATING = EXQUEEZE ME?)

Life of Pi 3D (2012)                                    (RATING = STILL IN PI WORLD!)

Man in the Dark 3D (1953)                  (RATING = THEY'RE SO POINTY!)

Dial-M-for-Murder 3D (1955)              (RATING = DIAL M FOR 3D!)

Coraline 3D (2009)                             (RATING = LOST IN CORALINES WORLD!)

Paranorman 3D (2013)                       (RATING = HOW'D THEY DO THAT!?!?)

Prometheus 3D (2013)                       (RATING = EFFECTIVE.)

HUGO 3D (2011)                                (RATING = PERFECT USE OF 3D)

MEGAMIND 3D (2010)                        (RATING = YES IT WAS 3D...)

GRAVITY 3D (2013)                   (RATING = CGI GREAT 3D BUT FACES FALL FLAT ON THEIR FACES)

Meet the Robinsons 3D (2007)           (RATING = UH, HAVE TO SIT BACK A LITLE AHEM..)                     

Monsters vs Aliens 3D (2009)                      (RATING = DUCK AGAIN!)

AVATAR (2009)                         (RATING = I'M REACHING IN, WHY WON'T YOU REACH OUT?!?)

{{ DAVID ATTENBOROUGH'S - KINGDOM OF PLANTS 3D (2012)  

DAVID ATTENBOROUGH'S -GALAPAGOS 3D (2012)

DAVID ATTENBOROUGH'S -MICRO MONSTERS 3D (2013)

DAVID ATTENBOROUGH'S -THE BATCHELOR KING 3D (2011)

DAVID ATTENBOROUGH'S -FLYING MONSTERS 3D (2011)  }

(RATING FOR ALL = STUNNING PROFESSIONAL 3D)  }}

{{ IMAX HUBBLE (2011)  

IMAX DINOSAURS ALIVE 3D (2007)

IMAX GALAPAGOS 3D (1999)

IMAX UNDER THE SEA 3D (2009)

IMAX WILD OCEAN 3D (2008)

IMAX INTO THE DEEP 3D (1994)

IMAX MUMMIES: SECRETS OF THE PHAROAHS  3D (2007)

(RATING FOR ALL = WITH A SET 2.5" CAPTURE PARRALLAX THEY'RE SURPRISINGLY GOOD!)  }}

The Incredible Journey of the Monarch Butterfly 3D (2012)   (RATING = 3D BUTTERFLYS  ARE NICE. NOT THE BEST DOCO.)

EGYPT 3D (2012)  (RATING = ONLY A FEW PRECIOUS SHOTS OF THE MEGALITHIC MONUMENTS. IS NICE THERE)

YELLOWSTONE 3D (2013)  (WAITING TO WATCH)

Ghosts of the Abyss 3D (2003) (WATCHING TONIGHT)

PRE-ORDERED:

DAVID ATTENBOROUGH'S - NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM ALIVE! 3D (2014)  (HAVE HIGH EXPECTATIONS :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Hi thanks.  I remember seeing a really bad anaglyph of The Creature years ago and shied away from it since,.  I wonder if it is a lot better as a Blu-ray?   and House of Wax oh that's perfect..  exactly the sort of film that would be on in the evening when I was a kid in the 70's..   nice ;)   Not in awesome 3D of course :)  I'm totally addicted to the medium,  :)

I have heard Titanic is a worthy conversion job, have you seen it?  I just watched Ghosts of the Abyss - I suspect a lot of the gorgeous classic Stereophotographs interspersed throughout the films are of the Titanic's sister ship the Olympic but it doesn't really matter as it so readily conveys the sheer scale and impressive overhang of the dry-docked ship.  Apparently Cameron spent $18 million doing the conversion.  That'll buy a lot of Wacom Cintiqs :~)

Thanks for responding to my first 'post'  

·
Banned
1,806 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody3D  /t/1523050/3d-blu-rays-i-have-purchased-and-my-personal-rating-system#post_24496952

Hi thanks.  I remember seeing a really bad anaglyph of The Creature years ago and shied away from it since,.  I wonder if it is a lot better as a Blu-ray?   and House of Wax oh that's perfect..  exactly the sort of film that would be on in the evening when I was a kid in the 70's..   nice
   Not in awesome 3D of course
  I'm totally addicted to the medium, 

I have heard Titanic is a worthy conversion job, have you seen it?  I just watched Ghosts of the Abyss - I suspect a lot of the gorgeous classic Stereophotographs interspersed throughout the films are of the Titanic's sister ship the Olympic but it doesn't really matter as it so readily conveys the sheer scale and impressive overhang of the dry-docked ship.  Apparently Cameron spent $18 million doing the conversion.  That'll buy a lot of Wacom Cintiqs :~)

Thanks for responding to my first 'post'  

Forget that anaglyph CREATURE. The new 3D irelease is so sharp, you'll see details in the Creature you've never noticed before. The TITANIC conversion is also well-done, but be aware that visual-effects shots are quite obviously cropped to a 16X9 ratio. Speaking of conversions, one must also include THE WIZARD OF OZ 3D. The 75-year-old classic has never looked better..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts