AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I would like to know, if I donwload some 3D bluray iso file to my pc's hard drive, will it be possible to stream it to samsung 3D led tv through cable or 5 ghz wifi band ? I've heard it's better quality than side by side file, so it would be pretty nice if there was such a possibility. Thanks in advance for your answers.

·
Registered
539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peto1310 /forum/post/20848612

Hello,

I would like to know, if I donwload some 3D bluray iso file to my pc's hard drive, will it be possible to stream it to samsung 3D led tv through cable or 5 ghz wifi band ? I've heard it's better quality than side by side file, so it would be pretty nice if there was such a possibility. Thanks in advance for your answers.

Unless I'm wrong, the only way (also least expensive) you're going to get an .iso to play is to use something like DVDFab Virtual Drive to mount the .iso and then a program like Total Media Theater 5 to play the movie on your 3D TV. I don't know the difference between SBS or Full 3D via a stand alone 3DBD player, but SBS looks a lot better than anaglyph. And considering you didn't pay for the movie (i.e. downloaded from torrent sites), what difference does it make if the quality isn't a good?

Other than that, you would probably have to burn the .iso to BD-R or convert it to .mkv and use a jukebox device like Popcorn Hour to stream it through your home network. There's probably a bunch of other ways to do it, but you're not really going to get the answer you're looking for on this site.

Edit -

The Oppo BDP-93 can play .iso files via eSata or USB after a firmware upgrade (but this device cost ~$500).

http://wiki.oppodigital.com/index.ph...iles_on_HDD.3F

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard you can play 3D bluray iso the following way: mount it e.g. by using deamon tools and play through power dvd 11, but you have to have your 3D tv connected as a pc's display through cable, probably hdmi. But I don't want to connect the tv as a pc's display, I am interested in if it's possible to stream it either by ethernet cable or wirelessly. It's possible to stream full hd movies through windows media player, but 3D bluray iso can't be probably being streamed by wmp because wmp is not able to read this file. So don't you know if powerd dvd has any streaming feature like wmp ?

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
Your TV will not play the file...you will probably get the error message "FILE TYPE NOT SUPPORTED" or "RESOLUTION NOT SUPPORTED".

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peto1310
Have you also tried it or you have just heard it ? Really don't know now, everybody says something different ...
I actually tried to stream ISOs of two of my 3D Bluray movie titles, and it did not work. Trying to play the files back from a hard drive connected directly to the Samsung yielded the same results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.