AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
If you want to keep your CRT for 2D movies, but want incredible 3D for gaming and 3D BD movies and you have a PC then check out the $600 Acer DLP 720p projector (which is sometimes on sale for $480). There are numerous CRT and Digital projector owners who are now using a two projector set up - their top notch 2D projector and one of the 720 DLP 3D projectors used exclusively for 3D. I have a G90 and Epson 9500 for 2D and the Acer for 3D. The Acer is the best consumer purchase I've ever made.

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
Very good advice about the acer.

Did you mention the model number?

I will look into that.

I could have my main projector for most of my movie watching and have that cheapie for PS3, HDTV, 3D Blu Ray and a few other things (dreamcast for example.)

-Brian

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dual projector/ dual purpose idea sounds good. Will check out the acer. What size image are you using with the acer? What is your PC hardware/software for bluray 3d? Anyone also doing DTV 3d?

·
Registered
57 Posts
My screen is 110 inch diagonal and the Acer, due to my limited avaialble placement options, fills about 90 percent of that area. My BD3D is via HTPC with Nvidia 3D Vision/shutter glasses.

I am very pleased with my setup for the 3D viewing..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.