AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I demo 3d tv's


plasma's the material leaves the tv and comes out at me like I can touch it

in LCD's I see the 3d material, but its like its stuck at the screen, it can only go in not come out. Is this common? I thought maybe the way my eyes handled the 3d but my gf notices the same thing.


Active vs passive too, well atleast the passive LG sets the material pops out at me like I can touch it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daninfamous
When I demo 3d tv's


plasma's the material leaves the tv and comes out at me like I can touch it

in LCD's I see the 3d material, but its like its stuck at the screen, it can only go in not come out. Is this common? I thought maybe the way my eyes handled the 3d but my gf notices the same thing.


Active vs passive too, well atleast the passive LG sets the material pops out at me like I can touch it.
The passive LG has an LCD screen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Serious about the content? I have never seen the same content on the different sets now that I think about it. And except for the LG I find it wierd that none of the LCD demo's have stuff that really jumps out at you. Crazy.


Going to have to ask some stores to swap media see how well they will cooperate =)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,773 Posts
Some sets and players have L/R offset adjustments as well, which can determine if scene depth is positive (reaches into the screen) or negative (extends in front of the screen). These may not be standard across brands, which will make a direct comparison more difficult.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daninfamous /forum/post/20830175


Serious about the content? I have never seen the same content on the different sets now that I think about it. And except for the LG I find it wierd that none of the LCD demo's have stuff that really jumps out at you. Crazy.


Going to have to ask some stores to swap media see how well they will cooperate =)


It is indeed content based. If it pops out of the screen on a plasma it will also on a LCD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Had been trying to figure this out also.. Saw 3D effect on LCD at BB and the content was popping out of screen made me wanta reachout and grab it out but when I brought it home content didn't pop out as much. Hasta be the content I am trying wit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprophecy /forum/post/20873071


Had been trying to figure this out also.. Saw 3D effect on LCD at BB and the content was popping out of screen made me wanta reachout and grab it out but when I brought it home content didn't pop out as much. Hasta be the content I am trying wit?

Or the seating distance.

Or the default offset settings on the set.

But most likely the content.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top