AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if this is posted elsewhere, but I found some 3d easter eggs on disc three of the new Avatar BD. On the main menu go to 'Live Extras' and toggle down, two 3D features will appear, the theatrical trailer and the featurette 'Pandora Discovered', once selected the blu-ray prompts you to put on your 3d glasses, viewed on a ps3 connected to a Samsung 8000 plasma


Good Luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Now THAT is an easter egg! Will definitely have to check this out when I get home, thanks OP!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephcoatar /forum/post/0


Don't know if this is posted elsewhere, but I found some 3d easter eggs on disc three of the new Avatar BD. On the main menu go to 'Live Extras' and toggle down, two 3D features will appear, the theatrical trailer and the featurette 'Pandora Discovered', once selected the blu-ray prompts you to put on your 3d glasses, viewed on a ps3 connected to a Samsung 8000 plasma


Good Luck

Just picked it up for that alone. I was going to wait to get the 3D version but since the price point on ebay is at $500 this will hopefully saitiate my needs to see how this will look. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
these trailers play fine on my laptop. just don't have any 3d glasses...any specific kind required or can i just use one of the glasses they have at the movie theater?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
I may be confused but I can't seem to access these. Perhaps I don't understand what the term "toggle down" means. When I'm on the live extras item, pressing the down key just goes to the next item. Can someone explain in more detail how to look at these?


Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
789 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbergman /forum/post/19515664


I may be confused but I can't seem to access these. Perhaps I don't understand what the term "toggle down" means. When I'm on the live extras item, pressing the down key just goes to the next item. Can someone explain in more detail how to look at these?


Thanks.

Move the arrow key on your dvd remote until you have live extras highlighted. Then press up on your arrow key. The two 3D trailers will then show up above live extras.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltsfan21 /forum/post/19517453


Move the arrow key on your dvd remote until you have live extras highlighted. Then press up on your arrow key. The two 3D trailers will then show up above live extras.

This didn't work for me either. When I have the Live Extras highlighted, by press up or down or right or left..it goes back to previous or the beginning item. I don't see anything else pop up. Btw, I'm using ps3....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Strange. When I tried again this morning, the disk was already in the player. Turned things on, pressed menu and waited. I got the 3d warning I usually get when I play a 3d disk. Now, when I press the right arrow from that location, a little menu pops up with the choices.


I don't know what changed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,521 Posts
Sounds like you guys are describing BD-Live content. That stuff can come and go at the studio's whim, and can even be restricted for the number of views, etc.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,878 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes /forum/post/19519024


Sounds like you guys are describing BD-Live content. That stuff can come and go at the studio's whim, and can even be restricted for the number of views, etc.

Nope,it's on the disc. Played both with my sammy 3d player thats not hooked up to the internet.

http://www.dailygame.net/news/archives/009620.php
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdvision /forum/post/19517920


What is your location Joseph, are you speaking about the US disc or the European one ?

I'm using the U.S. disc, the 3d content is on the disc and is not a BD Live extra, Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 confirms it when I play it on my computer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
Thanks, I seems to me these bonuses are not on the french disc -- which sucks. Are the bonuses on disc 1 or disc 2 or 3, or all ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostinsane /forum/post/19697035


Why would you want to do that?

Why would I want to watch the whole movie in 3D???


The DVD collectors edition (not BluRay) can be seen in 3D using PDVD10 Ultra 2D -> 3D and it looks much much better than it did in the theater last year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,092 Posts
No doubt the 3DBD looks better. But the 2D ->3D is definitely not garbage unless you used the TVs converter and it IS much better than the theater. I'm watching it with a projector.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top