AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching,reading for awhile and cannot find an answer. Does anyone know how to add the 3d flag/tag so your device knows it is 3d content? Youtube 3d adds a tag and the device knows it is 3d, my videos recorded from evo3d, knows its 3d. If i encode or download a sbs 3d file my phone doesnt recognize it and I have to manually select 3d option,which is fine,except that it doesnt support over under this way. But if I download a over/under from yt3d it plays fine on its own. I've looked at various files with mediainfo and gspot, and really dont see anything to help me out. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Todays 3D TVs will automatically recognize the packed buffer 1920x2205 over/under HDMI 1.4 format they normally do not automatically recognize any 1/2 R HDMI 1.4a formats from cable or satellite since they are contained in standard 1920x1080 2D buffers.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekgreek
I've been searching,reading for awhile and cannot find an answer. Does anyone know how to add the 3d flag/tag so your device knows it is 3d content? Youtube 3d adds a tag and the device knows it is 3d, my videos recorded from evo3d, knows its 3d. If i encode or download a sbs 3d file my phone doesnt recognize it and I have to manually select 3d option,which is fine,except that it doesnt support over under this way. But if I download a over/under from yt3d it plays fine on its own. I've looked at various files with mediainfo and gspot, and really dont see anything to help me out. thanks for any help.
I'm not much help but it's probably safe to say that the Evo doesn't have to recognize different storage formats on Youtube. Whether it's top-bottom or side by side, it's probably using Youtube's proprietary playback software to process the clip and output it in one kind of format for the Evo to recognize.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I know when you upload to yt3d (youtube 3d) it adds a tag, wether its sbs over/under left right or whatever. The evo3d will automatically play these through the youtube player. If I download the file and play from the evo's player it still recognizes it as does videos that i've recorded with it. If I download anything else that isn't derived from youtube, I have to manually choose the 3d option. So I know there has to be some sort flag within certain 3d files, but like I said I cant find it and it's driving me insane,lol. Anyways, any ideas are appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.