AVS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to AVS and 3D projectors. Just ordered and anticipate the arrival of my 1st home projector -the Epson EH TW8000 anytime next week. This unit is coming only with a pair of the bulky Epson Active 3D Shutter Glasses... unfortunately, they are not only bulky but they are also to pricey for my taste. With a family of 6 that expect family and friends to come and watch games and movies, I will definitely need more glasses than what has been provided. I am therefore in search for alternative glasses and thought to share whatever I find or experience in this quest.

I posted a few inquiries in other threads but thought it best not to be a nuisance in the projector owners' thread and just have a completely separate discussion on 3D glasses -which I think may be useful with the direction of industry towards 3D capability.

I came upon this thread and I hope that Epson would hopefully join this initiative of these 4 big companies.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20089455-17/panasonic-samsung-focus-on-3d-glasses-standard/?tag=mncol;txt

While waiting for the above initiative to actually happen, I hope anyone can share actual experience on 3D compatibility to help/assist our members find alternative units to what they have.
:D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts